I do have to agree that the manual sunroof in the 1984 240D was the only
one I opened that did not give me grief at any time. All the rest sucked
big time. The roof in the ML does not get opened. The roofs in the 300ds
won't open, one has the dreaded broken plastic bits, won't move, so I can't
even get the panel out to fix it. The motor is dead on the other one.
Yes, sunroofs are an evil plot. Get an open car without windows if you want
wind (MGA or earlier).