On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 05:58:03PM -0600, Peter Frederick wrote:
> I would suspect either the VIN got garbled or the lock set is not
> original (or the VIN isn't -- check the one on the radiator support vs
> the one on the door pillar!)

FWIW, when we ordered the new lock cylinder from the local dealer (rusty
couldn't get the vin coded ones at the time), the dealer did something
stupid, and the car's key (which works for the glove box and trunk, as well
as the doors) did not work. After finding someone with marginal intelligence
behind the counter ("wow, it doesn't work. are you sure this is the key that
starts the car right now?" "yeah, car's in the parking lot, go check for
yourself") the counter guy made some nasty phone calls and told me to come back
in a couple of days. New cylinder worked fine.