My '87 300D (126 kmi, built Oct '86) and '91 350SDL (200.7 kmi, built Dec '90) have their original exhaust systems and were OK when I parked 'em today; now that I've "mouthed off" about 'em, who knows? Fingers crossed.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: <rdeaf...@aol.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:28 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Subject: Re: Exhaust fell off

I used " Miracle Paint"  leftover from doing my  bodywork. That was 3 years
ago and it still doesn't rust on the external exhaust  pipes. Of course I
wire brushed it before applying 2 coats of  the Miracle Paint. Google it &
buy direct from N.J.[Bill Hirsch ]. I didn't have to top coat it since it's
not  exposed to sunlight .
    I bought my 83 240D  in '97  and still have the same exhaust system.

Bob