On Thu, 10 May 2012 22:05:22 -0400 "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
My '87 300D (126 kmi, built Oct '86) and '91 350SDL (200.7 kmi, built
Dec '90) have their original exhaust systems and were OK when I parked
'em today; now that I've "mouthed off" about 'em, who knows?  Fingers
crossed.

Boy, Wilton, at your age, I would expect you to have learned by now!  :-)
Craig

About the same time this string started, I drove the '83 240D to Gainesville and back. The whole way it was making a loud exhaust type roar, but only after it reached a about 50 mph. Sort of sounds like one of the old timey cars with straight through fiberglass mufflers. Thought it was going to be trouble free for a while, but no such luck.
Parked it on return and drove the 300D.  Get to it later.

Besides that, I had installed a new hood pad and tried water based glue which is much easier to work with. Opened the hood the other day and the pad was lying on top of
the engine.  Now I'd got to do it over with 3M solvent based glue.

Got to set the trap.  Need a new rabbits foot.

Gerry