From: "Rich Thomas"
<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Gerry has been
reading issues of Mechanix Illustrated from the 50s
again.

You read Mechanix Illustrated?  Tch!  True
mechanical buffs never read
anything but Popular Mechanics, and
us science buffs only read Popular
Science.
Gerry.....who's thinking of patenting his ideas.

While reading
your vision for the future, I was thinking about PopSci's 1950s views of
what 1970 would look like. If you extrapolated the advances from 1930 to
1950 for another 20 years, it would have seemed feasible at the time.
Rich

I was being facetious about both the predictions and my reply.  Predictions
of the distant future don't seem to have a very good record of accuracy.:

http://paleo-future.blogspot.com/2007/04/postcards-showing-year-2000-circa-1900.html

Gerry