On 14/05/2012 9:06 PM, Allan Streib wrote:
I think it sounds like you own the right vehicle.  So what if it doesn't
get 40MPG.  The overhead (insurance, registration/taxes, interest,
depreciation, maintenance) of owning a second "economical" car will more
than eat up any fuel savings unless you drive a LOT of miles.

Allan

Very true which is why I have not done it. If I had more parking spots I might consider it. If I had another car for use in town, I would put fewer short mile trips on the truck and potentially make it last longer so it would even out the economics of it all. I would not buy a new small car - just something inexpensive and smaller than a truck.

Randy