There is no doubt that I could easily drive a Prius or Honda Civic around town and would save fuel. In the summer, that is sort of what I do with the 300D but I don't try to drive it in winter.

The boat gets hauled about every 2nd weekend. It only gets hauled a half mile or so to the launch ramp to go in on Saturdya and then the same to come back out again on Sunday. We do not leave it in the lake when we are not there. My mother is at the cottage all summer but is now 80 and I do not want her to worry about it or go to check on it if there is heavy rain etc. so, we park it on the trailer when not there. Tom's boat is only a 16 foot Alumacraft so it does not truly require a full size truck to launch and retrieve it. The other boat that I am working on but have yet to use is a 20 foot Lund with an inboard outboard so a bit bigger and heavier. However for the short haul and reasonably flat launch ramp, it could be done with something smaller I think. We have a 95 4Runner that could be left at the lake for the summer, and was actually last summer. Right now it has problems and is awaiting repairs.

However, I also am generally hauling some other stuff when we go back and forth like piles of lumber, plywood etc as we are renovating and likely will be for the rest of my useful days. The place is long in the tooth and needs pretty much everything repaired or replaced.

I might do it with a smaller car and a trailer but I also live on a city lot and have no where to store a trailer.

Round and round we go with this stuff.

I wish there was a more efficient full size pickup. I sometimes consider a Dodge with the diesel but I don't need a 3/4 ton and I don't drive enough miles to make it worthwhile.

I know the Prius is neither really small or slow but it is not a truck either. I have had a Suburban and 2 full size Ford trucks in the recent past and have become accustomed to being able to haul pretty much whatever I want to. If I could acquire a good 123 Wagon I would be tempted but it is becoming more and more difficult to find a reasonable one without huge miles on it etc. They, like me, are getting old.

Randy