Curt Raymond wrote:

Mitch's wagon beats all of them and with 4matic you don't have to worry about
the boat ramp particularly but it requires premium fuel...

Around here, the premium is 10 cents more than the 89 octane, or 20 cents more than the 87 octane. When the Prices were 1.80-1.90-2.00 it was a noticeable difference, but when it's 3.90-4.00-4.10, the difference from top to bottom is only about 5%.

The 210 doesn't like me mixing fuel. I like to buy about 2/3 to 3/4 of what I need in premium, then switch the pump to regular to get the rest of my premium out of the hose and get it closer to the 91 octane the car needs. When I do that with the wagon, I can hear a pump running under the car while I pump the premium, and then when I start pumping again after switching the pump to regular, the car somehow prevents the gas station's nozzle from shutting off before fuel comes out under the car, and then when I pull the nozzle out the filler pipe projectile vomits in my face while I hurry to slap the cap on it. It also does the spray under the car thing if I don't run the pump at top speed. The manual says 'do not top the tank up', but it doesn't say 'don't pump slowly' or 'don't stop pumping before it's full'.

Mitch.