Randy Bennell wrote:
Drove my car to the lake and back on each of the past 2 weekends. 326 miles round trip. Some 4 lane and some 2 lane. 65-75 mph on 4 lane and about 60 mph on 2 lane. Did 28 mpg imp and about 23+ mpg US - on the first trip. Have yet to take it to be filled for the 2nd trip. Raining both times and a bit cool. Will likely do better come warmer summer weather.
Runs good and uses no oil. Not bad for a 36 year old car.

My W116 300sd does about 28 mpg US if you run a whole tank through it in one
day.

Mitch.