Well, I can "place" a lot of 'em, anyway.
'Used to take great pleasure in baiting my Air Force friends, especially those from Philly, NY, NJ, etc., by saying y'all several times 'til they'd snicker, "Y'all, yuk, yuk, y'all?" I'd then reply with the planned, "Yes, y'all. You do understand 'y'all,' don't you? It's Southern for youse guys." (Appropriate NY/NJ accent on "youse guys.")

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] poos what do you think about these detailing techniques?

Compared to most folks in the Carolinas, I'll attest and affirm that Wilton pretty much has no accent. However he is an expert at placing any American accent, and probably most furin accents as well.

Max

WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

But I don't tawk with much of a southern accent, do I, Max?  Certainly
not
as much as Randy may think, anyway, and having lived near The Soo for
several years, 'can even tawk with a Canadian (well, Ontario, anyway)
accent
when necessary, eh?

--
Max Dillon