A client who bought a condo in AZ this past winter says they also have folks down there called "summer chickens". Apparently, the well to do locals abandon AZ in the summer and go someplace cooler.

Randy

On 16/07/2012 4:05 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
They call them "snowbirds" down here.

Of course that applies to anyone who is a partial year resident, including all
of the Canucks.

Dan

On Jul 16, 2012, at 4:59 PM, "Scott Ritchey" <ritche...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

While visiting the Tartan museum in Franklin NC, I learned about
"halfbacks".  Those are Yankees who moved to Florida but later decided to
move half-way back.

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Dan Penoff
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 12:50 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I'm interviewing at Taylor

When I returned to Indy in 2008 I was surprised that the outdoor cold never
really bothered me. However, I could never seem to get warm when inside.
Weird.

I love the change of seasons, and enjoy  the rare overcast day down here,
but the pervasive gray overcast of winter was something I have no desire to
experience again.

If I could winter in Florida and spend summer and especially fall up north
it would be perfect.

Dan