From: Gerry Archer <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 26, 2012 1:53 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1983 300D - Air Conditioner issue

I bought a simple little $15 belt tension gauge from NAPA several years ago
that has worked well when used correctly.  Belt tension is the first thing I
check for squealing noises.  You might need a new belt if it's been running
loose.  If you buy the gauge, be sure and check tension at least three
times.  Best two out of three readings is usually correct.  I set all belts
about 70 ft/lb.
Gerry
'83 300D and 240D

From: "Robert Koziak" <rkmerce...@aol.com>