It's called a "Kricket" and can be found in the toolbox of any professional
mechanic. I have one in mine.

For the larger Multi-V belts there are special belt tension gauges out there.
We had a big set of them when I was in the generator business to check belt
tension on fan and accessory drive belts.

This was for large, very large (like V-12/16) industrial engines with BIG
Multi-V belt drives. You can't tension those babies by feel.

Dan