You can get a nice 32"LED LCD, which is really not that big, for less than $400 now. I'm partial to Samsungs but Sony, LG and Sharp are pretty good too. Order it from Amazon, no tax free shipping. If you just want something to put you to sleep there are Vizios and other house brands at Bestbuy that are cheaper and OK but the pictures will not be as good.

--R