I got a plasma a couple years back because I don't like LCD TVs. The "LED" TVs just have LED backlighting instead of fluorescent, and while that's an improvement (the lamps won't dim and burn out like fluorescents), I don't like either the color or the terrible off-axis quality. I have a "bowling alley" living room, so it's almost impossible to sit directly in front of the TV if there is more than one person present.

OLED is the way to go (no 1" thick lead glass screen), but they are currently very expensive. Should come down in price n a few years. They use the colored LEDs to produce the image, so they should have the color and off-axis qualities of a plasma with the power consumption and lack of screen burn of an LED TV.

Peter