I have not done anything car-related today, but did make up a batch of hot sauce with another batch of peppers I picked yesterday. I planted some "mixed hot peppers" in some pots and they have done pretty well. Little red peppers, jalapenos, some hot banana(?) peppers, and I think another kind.

Anyway, today's batch was a mango/pineapple/lime with a bit of rum thrown in to sterilize the bottles. I put a half banana in the batch too to thicken it up a bit, and a bit of ginger. It is sweet and fruity with a nice afterburn, not a huge heat punch. A couple of weeks ago I made some peach hot sauce, I have been using that for a dipping sauce for green beans and chicken and such, it is quite tasty too with a slow afterburn. This stuff would probably be good as a chicken grilling hot sauce, and a shrimp dipping sauce. I guess I need to get some shrimp tomorrow and give it a try.

I think we should have a sauce-off with Andrew!

--R