Robert & Tara Ludwick wrote:

> It's interesting, awhile back I got a thing from one of my banks trying
> to get me to buy a new car so they could be kind enough to collect
> interest from me, and I noticed they had a few stipulations  on some car
> makes that they wouldn't loan money on, Scion was on the list, along
> with suzuki,  KIA, and  that other korean one that I don't think was
> around long after I got the ad, and a number of other makes with
> questionable dealer support.

I can't believe that Toyota/Scion was on the list. Those cars are never
discounted and have at least the resale value of a Corolla. And they are
sold by Toyota dealers for the most part, and backed by Toyota. I guess it's
possible the bank was wary of Scion in the first year they used the name,
but it's like being wary of Acura or Lexus.