Curt Raymond wrote:
Hey Tom,
I'm currently going through that with my 190D. I won't even talk about how much I paid, but I decided I was going to make it into a very nice car before I started driving it.
  Brakes
  Thermostat
  Monovalve
  flexjoint
  motormounts
  ball joint
  tie rod end
  switches
  drivers seat
On that last point, does anybody have a driver's seat for a w201? I have a quote of $500 to rebuild it with a new seat frame. I wonder if this is something I could do myself and save some money?

A 201 DOESN'T have a monovalve (124/126s have them). It has a vacuum operated heater valve that can't be repaired and requires replacement about every 12-15 years but that only costs about $20.

In where part of the country are you located and what color are the seats in your 190D??

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi