Tan Qu wrote:
Marshall,

The brake hoses (all 4 of them) and the rear calipers
(ATE) are new. I never changed the differential fluid
for whole time I owned this car (from 100k to now
250k). There was no leaks or anything last time I was
under the car. I am hoping some new differential
mounts may solve the problem but am having hard time
to find the parts at Rusty's website. I need to give
him a call. How long the differential mounts and flex
plates tend to last on the W201's in your experience?

Differential mounts have been replaced in two of the 5 201s I've owned. They probably last 15-18 years or about 200kmi. They are responsible for positioning the differential and rear axle. The subframe mounts have the primary job of isolating the differential from the chassis and changing from 201 to 202 subframe mounts quiets differential noise A LOT!

What you are describing is NOT a common complaint and I don't have a sure-fire answer for it - I'm GUESSING.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi