> Dimitri Seretakis wrote:

> I performed the compression test (cold engine). Results as
> follows:
> #1- 390 psi
> #2- 440 psi
> #3- 360 psi
> #4- 460 psi

Not great, but not terrible.  That was cold, right?

> I'm a bit concerned about #3. That being said, I tend to doubt
> that outright stalling would be due to a compression issue.

Agreed.

> Any thoughts? Could my tank strainer cause the stumbling and
> stalling?

Yes.  More likely to cause trouble at high fuel volume, but it
could be an issue at idle.

> If it's an air leak how could I trace it- would I
> see air bubbles in the clear fuel lines?

Probably not visible.  Look for fuel leaks.  If fuel is getting
out, air can get in.

> Could the pump plunger thing- can't
> remember it's name spills fluid when I pump it. Could this be
> creating an air leak that would result in stumbling and
> stalling?

Yes!  The primer pump is a prime suspect.  Again, if fuel gets
out, air can get in.  Replace it.  000-090-88-50  Probably about
$25.

--   Philip