It's time.  Going buy that 1980 240D beater.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3296637189.html
So, I will be asking youz guyz what kind of stuff you got laying around I
need. Like a shifter boot, and a drivers door interior handle (not exactly
sure how that is broken yet), correct radio, first aid kit, etc. The list
will grow.
Reckon I'll be renewing my acquaintance with the boneyard guy.
Also, this PO clown lost the key but didn't replace it by getting a new key
using the VIN he just got a new ignition and a new key. As a result, can't
lock the doors or, more importantly, get into the trunk. What is the
best/cheapest way to rectify that? I guess I will ask him if he has the old
ignition and I could get the correct key and reinstall the old
ignition...any ideas?
Bob R