Diesel:  A Compression Ignition Engine. Regardless of the fuel used.

Schedule 52 Diesel, which is the Diesel fuel sold at pumps for cars and
trucks, is very nearly the same specification as Schedule 54 Diesel, which
is sold as "Jet A".. the main difference between the two "schedules" is
that Jet A Diesel fuel is adjusted for gel point, cloud point, and
lubrication elements.

Look it up. You can read all the specifications and make your own
conclusions.
I routinely run Schedule 54 "Jet A" fuel in my Diesel vehicles because I
collect the preflight sump samples and clean them of water residue... I add
lubricant to the fuel and run it.. works just fine. [New EPA rules require
preflight sump drain samples to be "disposed of properly, and treated as
HAZMAT"   so I provide "disposal services" for same ]

FWIW,

Grant...