Clay,

i don't know where you got this from, but these "concerns" range from grossly exaggerated to simply untrue.

i've got over 80K miles on almost exclusively straight BioD in my W123 over the last 8 years or so, and i'm one of only thousands here in the Bay Area alone that have done so without problem. i didn't replace any fuel lines; decided i'd wait to see how much truth there might be behind the alleged need for it, since it wasn't like fuel line failures are sudden or catastrophic and i would be watching fuel lines in any old diesel vehicle anyway. when the Return Lines *finally* began to show just the tiniest hint of seepage this year, i finally replaced them; all the rest of the lines look good, and i have no idea how old any of them were when i first got the car with ~120K on it.

i don't know what's allegedly supposed to happen to the IP or the injectors, but i haven't seen or heard of it happening to any of the BioD MBZs in the BioD fleet here yet. one of the reasons the MBZs are so popular for this sort of stuff is specifically because the inline IPs are so robust. to the contrary, some people claim that the lubricity of BioD is *easier* on the injection parts than #2.

i have no idea what BioD could do to a metal fuel tank, and have never before heard of any issue or concern related to such.

the one thing i do see yield to BioD is the insulating ring around the filler pipe; i've replaced the one in our car twice in the last 8 years. (it's not like that's a big deal; it's just ugly.)

as for it running "just as quiet at B2 as with more", i don't have great hearing, but i'd have to differ there too,.. but that's not why i'm running it.

cheers!

'85 300D
200K+ miles (80K+ on B99)