Gump was the 72 220D.  She died a noble death when metal fatigue took out the
cam supports

220D was given fresh fuel return lines within two weeks of purchase.  These
failed within 14 months with B100 use.  Daily driver, so much fuel went through
them.   Fuel lines from the fuel tank as well as the 90* lines up front failed
during that time.   Second installation of return lines which lasted another 25
months.  Cigar hose went smushy, as well as taking out the fuel filter gaskets.
 Return lines dissolved and sent snot into injectors.  I had those rebuilt.
Toward the end of the life of the second return lines I stopped using higher
than B20.  Four years into my ownership, after I had stopped using so much
B100, I had to do DV, since they were spewing fuel.  IP was being overloaded
with BioD, so I had to change out IP oil twice as often as I did engine oil.

E300D was sourced in 2003.  She had been given fresh return lines, DV seals, 5k
miles prior to my purchase.  Was running B100 in her during the same period as
the 220D.  SWMBA was the primary driver.  This was the heyday of the B100 Mania
in town.  Most of the stuff was coming in from the midwest and going to indy as
well as big oil locations.   Local large producers were just getting plants
built.  Oregon firms were pumping stuff they made.  SWMBA has family down that
way, so we filled up when there.

Had her a year or so before rubber started to fail.  Spent the summer touring
Mid-Atlantic and SE states, so not filling with anything but #2 for three
months, then went back to high BioD in the fall.   Returns and fuel lines began
leaking, which made a stink in the cabin.  SWMBA did not enjoy this, so the car
went to the shop for fresh fuel bits.

New rubber lines all over and all was well for another year.  Fuel filter seals
fail, return lines perforated, and fuel is leaking into the injector wells and
filling to the point it ate the valve cover gasket.  Sloshing fuel also ate the
fuel filler gasket.  Trunk and engine bay stink of fuel, as well as polluting
the cabin.  More shop time to replace that mess.

Within six month, the DV seals fail.  SWMBA no longer purchases BioD, and
forbids me to purchase it for that car.  All the damage and issues from using
BioD sour her on the E300D, so she decides to purchase a korean car.  When the
220D dies, I end up using the ED and in the past three years have not had any
issues related to fuel or rubber.

clay