Red adrkroom "safelights" are used with photo materials that aren't
sensitiveto that part of the light spectrum. Different films and
papers are sensestive to different colors, actualy - it's the colors
of light that they AREN'T sensestive to that count - that's the color
safelight you can used. Fixed contrastB&W papers use a different
safelight than the variable contrast papers. Most modern films are
panchromatic - meaning they are sensetive to all colors, so there is
no safeleight.
Early B&W films were orthochromatic - not sensetive to green, so you
could use a green safelight for them. Color materails are sensetive to
al colors (I hope!), so there is no safelight that can be used with
them. Printing color in trays is an experience - total darkness till
it's half way through the fixer.