Three small, separate fixtures (two red, one yellow) mounted vertically on each side of the trailer - tail light, brake light, signal light.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D tow hitch or wagon?

WILTON wrote:
Re. wiring harness: On my 123, I merely spliced into rear lights, signal lights, etc., in trunk for a trailer receptacle mounted by the hitch. 'Planned to do same for 124, but I've needed the trailer so little for several years, that I still haven't done it on 124. BTW, everything, including cruise, worked normally on the 123, with or without trailer.

How do you handle the issue of separate brake and turn lamps on the car vs combined stop/turn lamps on the trailer?