I believe the ground is in the trunk beside the antenna. Take a look, loose connector, broken wire, corroded terminal are all possible.

There will be a ground for the antenna, the brake and turn lights, and the plate lights all together if I remember correctly.

Peter

Not directly at least. THe grounds by the antenna are clean and tight. I loosened the bolt, and re-tightened with no effect. The wires from the trunk lid appear to disappear by the LR speaker. That does not appear to be consistent with going to the ground near the antenna.

Next is to try to take the cover off the speaker, if I can figure out how that is done. Worst case, I can run a new wire through the trunk lid to ground.

Anyone been into the rear speakers of a 124?  How do you get the cover off?