Flushed the cooling system on the 300cd today. Went well, however, after I put
the new coolant and thermostat in, the temperature went to about 110 centigrade
and the top radiator hose was cold, as was the defroster. I drove it around the
block, and the car stayed at 110, and on arriving home the thermostat appeared
be open as the radiator was warm. I waited for the car (and me) to cool off.
Just went out and drove it around the block and everything seems normal. Heat
from the heater, temperature quickly went to 90 c and stayed there. What
happened?

Rick
Sent from my iPhone