ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:28 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Mini split ductless heat pump

Seems like Rich mentioned mini splits in his new addition.
I recently bought Fujitsu's 2nd tier 3/4 ton unit (23 SEER / 11 HSPF) and
finally got it installed and operational this afternoon.

I hung it in the living room, intending to use it like a small wood stove to
make the furnace run less. I also bought a 2nd thermostat for the main furnace so that I could call for heat from my bedroom in the opposite end of the house
from the mini split.

After an hour of operation with the mini split set for 74°, the hall thermostat reads 72°. (it's 28°F and sunny outside and the hall t-stat is set for 68°, so no furnace with the mini split running unless I set up the bedroom t-stat). It's
interesting how much that little thing can warm my 30x40' house.

Mitch.