I had a similar problem recently.........I am almost ashamed to say that
the alternator was loose enough, not the belt, the lower alternator bolt
was loose and apparently there was some play in there so it wiggled around
enough to make an intermittent ground.  I replaced a battery only to have
it dead the next time I was on a long trip at night.  Tightened up slop in
alternator bracket with a washer and been good since.

Mike