On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 23:45:32 -0600 Rick Knoble <rickkno...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2013, at 11:27 PM, "Kevin Kraly" <kevinpadd...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > How would a NA Diesel run up here at 5000FT altitude?

They run just fine. I bought our '72 220D/8 in Colorado Springs (6200')
and used in later in the Black Forest area (7200') and in the Calhan area
(6900').

> It should run just fine. I *think* Naturally Aspirated (NA) Mercedes
> have barometric compensation on the injection pumps, so it shouldn't
> matter. NA pumps have ADA as opposed to turbo pumps which have ALDA. I
> am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Our '72 220D/8 had neither. If you put your foot in it too much, you
would over-fuel the combustion process, lowering temperature, lowering
power, and increasing smoke. I got very used to modulating the throttle
to stay at peak power and minimum smoke.

Craig