> > "Jaime Kopchinski" wrote:
> >
> > And the cars I buy are ones that most people
> > are terrified of:  ones that have sat unused for long
> > periods of time. But getting them back into original running
> > condition is what I enjoy doing.

> Rick Knoble wrote:
>
> What needs attention and what should be looked at
> when preparing a long sitting auto for return to service?

Always be suspicious of the brakes.  Fluid will absorb water
while sitting, rotors rust, calipers seize.

Diesel fuel is usually fine sitting for 5+ years.  Be wary of
algae and water at the bottom of the tank.

Look for rodent nests - and chewed wires and hoses.  They will
chew places other than their nests, but they do seem to chew
more near the nest.

Then fire 'em up and drive 'em!

--   Philip