Another one of these "I have a deadline to write an article so will make up a top 10 lists, for internet geeks to argue over till the cows come home". Once I saw that the Fiat had made the list I lost all interest. Hey this one has 25 http://www.complex.com/rides/2012/12/the-25-coolest-mercedes-benzes-in-movies/#gallery Technically once a car has been out of production for 20 years it is a classic.

Hendrik
whose 124 still has three years till classic status

According to MB, 123s are classic status, that is relegated to the classic center and the 123 only and older parts prices are thus doubled, tripled or quadrupled in price. 124 and 126 are soon to follow. If not for Q, we might not be able to justify parts prices.

My 124 and 126s are officially "antiques" and have "antique" license plates. The good thing is that for the $25, they are licensed forever..... unless they have to move to another state.