Yep, prices are going nuts. Some fool wants $9500 for an 86 300d with 140k miles. will trade up or down for a Previa all trac. I told him I would make it a straight trade for my previa, since the 603 is a ticking bomb with that head. he thinks I should kick in a few grand.

It is a 19 year old car dude, and the star on the hood is a $25 part. I can just get a star on my hood and offer the previa as a "euro" benz for $12k

On Thursday, December 22, 2005, at 04:06 PM, John Peterson wrote:

It is such a pretty car- I don't think I'd spend 7k for it. Where do we guess it will end? I saw a 300SD online for 17k or something like that.
Why are people paying these crazy sums?
I should put up my 300D 2.5 74k miles on Ebay, ask $15k for it.  Retire
early.
John Peterson
Kingston RI 1991 300D 2.5 74k

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Scordato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Looks to be a fine daily driver

andrew may have said
"Looks awesome, though "The car ooozes class and regality" strikes me as a
bit of hyperbole... After all, it's only an entry level car for that
year
and probably listed for about $5 grand"

I am a 123 chassis sort of diesel guy, but that era low fin body style and
simple 4 banger appeals to me for some reason.

Regards Tom Scordato