From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of G Mann
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:45 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT GUN They took their ball and when home

I respectfully submit, it is impossible for a rifle to "assault". An
individual can "assault", however, a device can not. The use of the term
"assault rifle" is intended to assault your senses and is thus, by legal
interpretation, an assault.

Many laws, in many countries, all are written to hold an individual
responsible for the act of assault. I have yet to find even one case, in
one court, where a device , ie a rifle, has met the legal standard of Mens
Rea. Mens Rea [see Blacks Law Dictionary] requires two things, the Intent,
and the Act. Please produce for me a device that by it's own volition,
meets those qualifiers.

A man may "assault" another with a rock, club, or gun.. but the rock, club,
or gun are incapable of that act of "assault" by themselves.

To be progressively mislead into the improper use of such inflammatory
language, by those who at the same time loudly assault verbally themselves
is in large part responsible for the volatile rhetoric we have, on both
sides of the issue.

It is my considered opinion that those who are terrified of demons freely
demonize anything that they do not understand and being fearful run rather
than self educate and think logically.

Or, they are just damn crazy and not capable of logical thought.

I'm off to curse and eat my young while I argue oil and tires with some
@#)($&*% idiot.

Grant... :))

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Hendrik and fay <heni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes sort of like the mere mention of gun control makes them act like the
> King of England is invading and they only have 20 assault rifles stashed
> under the bed.
>
> Hendrik
> who has nothing under the bed but dust
>
> On 17/01/13 13:18, Jim Cathey wrote:
>

>> I've met them before.  Mere mention of the means of effective
>> self-defense makes 'em act like you're about to vivisect their
>> pet, personally.  Or child.  It's truly weird.
>>
>> -- Jim

ail.okiebenz.com/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_okiebenz.com>