I have been working on sealing literally every penetration of the ceiling of
our living space. I had a blower door test done last week, and the guy who did
it was stunned at how well sealed our house was.

I had not a chance to seal the recessed fixtures that are in our kitchen, which
I just did this past weekend.

I want to get more insulation blown into the attic, but I'm not sure that it
makes good fiscal sense, as we already have enough for about R-30, I believe.

Now that the ceiling is sealed, I'll be putting in a solar powered attic fan to
try and reduce attic temperatures during cooling season. Our ductwork runs in
the attic, so anything I can do to reduce temperatures in there should help our
AC.

Dan

Sent from my iPad