Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:47:08 -0600
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - pickem-up trucks

I think the crew cab trucks are "the best invention since sliced bread".

I bought my 2002 F150 Supercrew - 4 wheel drive - Lariat trim - 5.4 V8
etc. when it was about 5 years old and had about 90K miles on it.

It is now 10 years old and has about 174K miles on it.

I have done very little that is not basic maintenance. Tires, battery,
brakes etc.

It runs fine. Rides good, etc.

Has room for 4 to 5 adults in reasonable comfort.

Has the short box but that works fine for things like 4X8 sheets of
plywood with the tailgate down.
I have one of those hitch extender things that mounts into the hitch. I
have hauled things that were 22 feet long with that. An awning off of a
travel trailer and a mast off of a sailboat.

The load capacity might be slightly less due to the size of the box and
the fact that the load has to sit further back, but not a whole lot.
My brother in law and I hauled loads of left over sod from his place to
a friend's place at the same time. His extended cab GMC had a bit more
room but not much.

I would buy another tomorrow but will have to wait as the one I have
will likely last me another 5 to 10 years.

Randy