An inline spark tester might have caught this one.
I've got one, works a treat...

-Curt

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 20:25:37 -0800
From: clay monroe <redgh...@comcast.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Engine Miss

Not that I saw.  He is a former dealer service guy.  Since dealer no longer
works on old cars, there was money to be made as an indy.   Very few gassers on
the road here.  His bread and butter are diesels.  Yesterday he spent his time
chasing an electrical gremlin in an SD.  7 hours.  Found it.

OBD stuff does not work on Gump, Froggy or the E300D. Does not have ports or
has worthless codes.  He did use the meters and amp clamp.  It showed all good
for spark.  or arc.

clay