http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/29_New_T50_Brake_Booster_For_Classic_Mercedes_Released.html
These are not brake boosters but a work of art.
Lets put this in perspective, my rear muffler on the TE is pretty much knackered, I patched it up to keep going, with the hope of finding a good S/H one (more likely to come across unicorn feathers) or perhaps get one made up. You might ask yourself, why bother patching it up, well I can give you over 500 reasons.
http://www.buymbparts.biz/ShopByVehicle.epc?q=&yearid=1989@@1989&makeid=63@@MERCEDES&modelid=6241%3AMBC%7C1521%3AED%7C10000013@@300TE&catid=241035@@Exhaust&subcatid=241069@@Muffler&applicationid=W0133-1715919@@Muffler%20-%20Rear&mode=PA
Eberspaecher are the OEM same as ATE is. So they can charge that sort of money for a basic muffler but a brake booster that has been re-engineered to meet modern standards is expensive at 2.2k?

Hendrik
whose TE is quite again