I paid $140 for the farm store Taiwan jack 20 years ago. I paid around 100 to 120 for the HF (chinee) jack about 10 years ago. I suppose is todays dollars the $140 is now $200 to $300.

HF 3 ton jackstands are as good as any out there. The problem is that the base on 3 ton jackstands is so small, they get tippy if you don't have new concrete. If you bolt them down to a 12x12 x 3/4 plywood or a 2 x 12 a foot or more long, then you have something stable. (or weld to similar size steel plate) For my life, and money, I like the HF 6 ton stands, but you need at least 17 1/2" of lift on your floor jack to get them under. I have a set of 20 yr old kmart 3 ton stands, and HF 3 ton and HF 6 ton stands. The 3 ton are ok for brakes, shocks, wheel bearings etc where you don't need to get under the car. For under car stuff, I like the 6 tons or a 12 x 12 timber 3 or 4 feet long as a safety.