Got up to about 31 or 32 today in the heat of the day. It was so nice out I made 2 trips to the lumberyard and one to the store after dark without a jacket. A sure sign of spring.

I remember one feb when I was in college, it was warm and sunny and I went out for a ride on my BMW R75/5 with just jeans and a t shirt on. As I went by the bank, i saw the thermometer there said 45ยบ! Not quite as warm as it felt after a long winter. Does show how a person can acclimate to the ambient temps.

Not "Wilton in Greenland" cold, but cold for the Low Country: 38 now, getting down into the 20's tonight.

Went for a walk with SWMBO and Little SWMBO at sunset, wore my army-issue long underwear, and a hat and gloves.

I'm always tempted to plug in the block heater for thirty minutes or so on our "cold" mornings.

--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC