Speaking of sunny and warm riding days. I'm probably headed out for a spin later tomorrow morning, maybe 30-33mi.

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (161,xxx mi)

On 2/17/2013 8:21 AM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Dieselhead wrote:

I remember one feb when I was in college, it was warm and sunny and I
went out for a ride on my BMW R75/5 with just jeans and a t shirt on.
As I went by the bank, i saw the thermometer there said 45º!  Not
quite as warm as it felt after a long winter.  Does show how a person
can acclimate to the ambient temps.

One morning I was getting ready for a 35 mile bicycle ride, it was sunny
and warm in early March. Sun felt so good as I loaded the bike in the
car that I didn't bother to take tights or leg warmers with me. As I
pulled in the parking lot where we were meeting to start out, the radio
said it was 36°. Oops. Found a pair of arm warmers (elasticized shirt
sleeves) in my tool bag and put those on.
A couple of hours later, my legs, feet and hands were plenty cold. We
did a pretty good pace for one of the first training rides of the year,
mainly because I was eager to work hard and generate heat.

Mitch.