-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Steve MacSween
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 10:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] 240d -> 300sd alternator interchange (semi-emergency)??

Ah, the joys of the holiday season. My alternator started to 'chatter' this
afternoon (actually, it sounded more like the water pump at the time). At 4
p.m. it seized up solid, belt melted off, etc.

My two 240Ds (w123s, 1982) are parked at a storage lot. Anyone know if a
quick change will work?

Thx and merry merry, etc.

Mac
Aylmer, Quebec