Dunno, dodgy ramps and a flakey jack, sounds a bit dodgy.
I have a pair of metal ramps but gave up using them ages ago, I might drag em out now and again but the car is jacked up and the ramps put under the tires. I just hate driving vehicles up ramps. Over the years I have invested in jack stands and now have three pairs, ranging from weak to very strong, this is particularly useful as a lot of jobs involve removing the wheels, hard to do when the wheel is sitting on a ramp. Where is this jack losing oil? A jack that has issues is to be treated with great care.

Hendrik
who is usually careful

On 26/02/13 01:18, Dan Penoff wrote:
Thanks, Wilton!

On Feb 25, 2013, at 9:46 AM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

'Nother ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
To: "Mercedes List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 8:39 AM
Subject: [MBZ] Weekend Report (long)

All in all a very productive weekend with the S500. Saturday started with the
construction of a set of ramps.
I couldn't bear to part with $40 or $50 for the metal Harbor Freight models, so
I went to Lowe's and bought a couple of 2x10x12s and made my own by cutting
progressively longer pieces that I stacked on top of each other to form a ramp.
A pass on the end of each board with a 45 degree angle, plenty of glue and deck
screws between each layer and a pair of very functional ramps were now ready
for my car.
Next I took on my Craftsman floor jack that has been acting up for some time. The "speed
lift" function hasn't been working, and it has been lifting less and less as time goes on. I
had done some research as far as adjustments and repairs, but these yielded no results. I suspect I
might have been low on fluid, but for the life of me I couldn't find a place to fill it. Finally,
after a very thorough inspection, I found a plastic plug in the side of the hydraulic cylinder. I
pried the plug out and realized that this was the fill port. After I put almost 6 ounces of
hydraulic fluid in it, it was once again lifting as it had in the past. I still don't have the
"speed lift" function, but I'll compromise in order to have full lifting capabilities
again.