Pretty straightforward on the W126.

Get the car up in the air, have some 19mm wrenches handy, and go to it.  You
might have to loosen the big nut on the drive shaft, but in most cases there is
enough slop in the drive train you can push things apart with a pry bar.  A
cheap plumber's basin wrench will do the job on the clamping but if you do need
to loosen it.

You will have to separate the joints far enough to get the drive shaft off of
the pin that's in the middle of the yoke.  Also be sure you grease up the
bushing that fits over the pin before you reassemble.

Dropping the rear of the transmission, such as you might to change the
transmission mount, makes it a little easier, but you'll need a jack to support
the back of the transmission if you do.

DO NOT drop the drive shaft.  It's not necessary and you risk not getting it
back together properly unless you mark it before removal.

Lots of grunt work, but not a terribly difficult job.

Also, don't buy the cheap Chinese flex discs.

Dan