Stoddard Solvent is dry cleaning fluid.  Works wonders at cleaning virtually
everything.  I remember procuring a gallon of it when I was going through AOCS
in Pensacola for the class.  We kept it in the mop closet (away from prying
eyes).  At the dreaded rifle inspection the DI could not find any dirt on any
of the rifles.  We still had to do a thousand hop-n-pops for having rifles that
were TOO clean....but we passed and got to go on liberty for the weekend.
Jon