Larry,

I have had two Topsiders over the years and both wore out prematurely, in my
opinion.

I still have the cans that I use for waste oil storage and transport, but the
pump parts are long gone.

While I decided I don't want to mess with the expense of a new oil extractor,
when I recently rejoined the MB world I looked carefully at the various
extraction units that are on the market.  The least expensive and best reviewed
seemed to be the MityVac extractors, of which there are several models.

If you search on Amazon you can see them all at once.

I had looked at an extractor that was much less expensive and was marketed more
towards the lawn mower crowd that was being sold at Lowe's, but they stopped
carrying the larger capacity model, which would have been necessary for our
cars.

The MityVac models start around $70 and go up from there, but they seem to be
well constructed and durable, not to mention they have a smaller footprint that
the Topsiders.  That's always been one of my concerns with them - they take up
a lot of space.

Dan