As I recall, there was a very heavy and thick pad that covered the lower
portion of the housing where the motor is located. That was in addition to the
bag, so I don't think there is anything getting out of the vacuum itself. If
there was dirt on the floor I would suspect it would blow it around.

My recollections are spotty, but I don't recall there being a big blast of air
coming out of the bottom when it was running.

Dan

Sent from my iPad