Mr. Mann Sez:
Emmm.. faulty thinking... sorry to break the news to you.. but I don't own
a gun to "protect you".. I own a gun, if I own one, to "Protect Me and
those of my Family".

You and those like you who are unable to protect yourself die first.. that
is how nature works. You have a front door on your house which has the duty
to protect you and your family. You have the option to leave that door open
and unlocked, or closed and locked.. you are free to choose.  As soon as
that door no longer protects you, you have other options to choose from,
presuming you have not given up those options by pre-choice.

On the other hand, the door on my house serves yet a different purpose. It
is there to protect the individuals who would make the unwise choice to
breach that barrier without permission. At that moment, they have options
which they may choose from, presuming they have not given up those options
by pre-choice.   ....

One of my favorite signs: "that door you just kicked in was there to protect you, not me!" and has a picture of a 45 (1 9 1 1)

My daughter lives in a neighborhood that used to have a sign that said " This neighborhood is protected by Colt with a similar picture to the sigh above." There are quite a few retired military officers that live there., including one WWII Bomber pilot who married an Army nurse, and they were career Air Corps/Air Force officers. Very neat people. Another is a retired Air Force pilot. One former resident was reportedly the military governor of the Philippines after WWII, and built a sailboat in the neighborhood after retirement.