I normally stock "garage" beer.  Best for removing dust and relieving parched
throats while performing auto or yard work.  Normally an ice or standard, low
price, american lager.  After a family gathering recently, my mother had opened
a bottle of people beer and did not pour but a third of the beverage into her
glass before she left.  I found the remainder the next morning and not wanting
to waste it, I used it as fluid for making bread batter.

The bread turned out quite tasty and not wanting to over invest in future
loaves, I found a case of PBR at the grocers that was much below the retail
cost of the other beers.  That is now the beer base for my bread.  That is
about the only use, other than to exterminate slugs, I have found for PBR.

clay